Injuries to Bicyclists
Bicycle Accidents can be very serious. Bicyclists are at risk for injury every day that they ride their bikes on the road. Bicyclists who have been involved in an accident with an automobile may sustain serious physical injuries, including traumatic brain injuries, fractured bones, internal bleeding, cuts and bruises and spinal cord injuries.
Drivers must be observant while operating their vehicles and share the road with bicyclists. While many areas have designated bicycle lanes, many drivers still do not give bicyclists the respect and courtesy to safely ride. If you are a bicyclist who has been involved in an accident with an automobile, you need to hire an attorney to help.
The following is a list of important things that you should do after being involved in a bicycle accident:
- Call 911 to report the bicycle accident.
- Seek medical attention immediately if you have been struck by a vehicle or car door, check with a medical professional to make sure you are all right, even if you do not notice any immediate injuries.
- Ensure that a police report is filed in regards to the bicycle accident.
- Make sure that you get the contact information of the driver involved in the accident, including his or her name, address, date of birth, and insurance information.
- Get contact information, such as name and phone number, from any witnesses of the accident.
- If you happen to have a camera with you, take pictures of the accident scene, damages to your bicycle, and any visible injuries that you suffered.
Contact us today to speak with an attorney about your case.