Las Cruces Bicycle Accident Lawyers Helping Injured New Mexico Residents
Injuries to bicyclists can cause devastating injuries or even death making it advisable to meet with experienced Las Cruces bicycle accident lawyers. Bicyclists are at risk for injury every day that they ride their bikes on the road. In 2015, 818 individuals lost their lives in bicycle/motor vehicle crashes in the U.S. – that’s more than two deaths every day.
Drivers must be observant while operating their vehicles and share the road with bicyclists. While many areas have designated bicycle lanes, many drivers still do not give bicyclists the respect and courtesy to ride safely. If you are a bicyclist who has been involved in an accident with an automobile, you need to hire an attorney to help.
We offer free consultations to injured bicyclists. Call us at 575-523-4321.
Do You Know What To Do After Being Hit By A Car?
The following is a list of important things that you should do after being involved in a bicycle or pedestrian accident with a car:
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Seek medical attention immediately if you have been struck by a vehicle or car door, check with a medical professional to make sure you are all right, even if you do not notice any immediate injuries.
- Ensure that a police report is filed to document the incident.
- Make sure that you get the contact information of the driver involved in the accident, including his or her name, address, date of birth and insurance information.
- Get contact information, such as name and phone number, from any witnesses of the accident.
- If you happen to have a camera with you, take pictures of the accident scene; any damages to you, your bicycle and bicycle helmet; and any visible injuries that you suffered.
Contact our experienced Las Cruces bicycle accident lawyers today.
McGraw & Strickland, LLC, is here to help. Call us today at 575-523-4321 or contact us online to arrange a consultation.
Source: Pedestrian and Bicycle Information Center, available online at pedbikeinfo.com