Get The Facts On Car Accidents
No one expects to get in a car crash, but even the safest, most cautious driver cannot avoid car accidents when other drivers chose to violate safety rules by texting, speeding or driving recklessly. If you are a victim of a negligent motorist, you should meet with our experienced Las Cruces car accident lawyers for a free consultation today.
On average in New Mexico in 2010:
- A motor vehicle crash occurred every 12 minutes.
- A person was injured in a crash every 30 minutes.
- A distracted driver crash occurred every hour.
- An alcohol-involved crash occurred every 4 hours.
- A person was killed or injured in an alcohol-involved crash every 5 hours.
- A semi/large truck was in a crash every 6 hours.
- A motorcycle was involved in a crash every 7 hours.
- A bicyclist was hit by a vehicle every 24 hours.
- A pedestrian was hit by a vehicle every 24 hours.
- A person was killed in a crash every 24 hours.
|Top contributing factors to crashes:
|Top contributing factors to fatalities:
|Driver inattention (24%)
Failure to yield (14%)
Following too closely (12%)
|Alcohol and drugs (45%)
Driver inattention (12%)
Excessive speed (10%)
Do You Know What To Do When You’ve Been In A Car Accident Before You Contact Las Cruces Car Accident Lawyers?
In the event of an accident, there are several things to remember:
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Do not leave the scene of the crash until authorized by police to do so.
- Do not discuss who is at fault with other parties. Only discuss the accident with police.
- Get as much information as you can about the other driver and witnesses.Get the names of the driver(s) and witnesses, license plate numbers and insurance information.
- Seek medical attention immediately. Check with a medical professional to make sure you are all right, even if you do not notice any immediate injuries.
- Provide the police with your driver’s license and insurance information.
- Take pictures. If you are able, take pictures of the accident scene, your car, the other vehicles and any visible injuries that you suffered.
McGraw Law, Can Help
We hope you never need an attorney, but if you do, you need to hire one that has the skill and experience to help you recover what has been wrongfully taken from you – including your health, your way of life and lost wages.
When you are injured in a car, motorcycle or truck accident, you can be out of work for weeks, possibly even months. It is unfortunate, but insurance companies make more money when they can deny a claim. If you say the wrong thing at the wrong time, you may lose your right to make a claim. You also have a limited time to make a legal claim. You need an auto accident lawyer who knows the laws in New Mexico; a lawyer who will do everything possible to help you recover as much money as possible under the law.
As experienced trial attorneys, we understand the profound effect such accidents can have on both the injured person and their family. We realize that many times people are unable to work, unable to pay their bills and have trouble dealing with insurance companies because of auto accident injuries. We can answer your questions and work with insurance companies and their attorneys to obtain compensation for your injuries and missed work. Our personal injury attorneys have an excellent track record of obtaining fair compensation for clients who have been injured through no fault of their own.
There are two primary sources of recovery for injuries suffered in car accidents in New Mexico: liability insurance and uninsured motorist/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage. Even if the at-fault driver does not have adequate insurance, we may still be able to help obtain compensation for you.
If you or a family member has been injured in a car accident, the hard-working and compassionate attorneys at McGraw Law, LLC, can help. We are committed to meeting the needs of our clients. Call us today at 575-523-4321 or contact us online.