Reach Out For Help After A Motorcycle Accident
Motorcyclists will encounter other drivers on the road, some of whom do not share the road or stay alert for motorcycles. In a matter of minutes, you can go from cruising down the road to being seriously injured. This can result in very high medical expenses, loss of wages and other damages. If this happens you’ll want to seek help from the experienced Las Cruces motorcycle accident lawyers at McGraw & Strickland, LLC.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, you have a better chance of receiving full/maximum compensation if you have an attorney assisting you. Call us for a free consultation at 575-523-4321.
What To Do When You Are In A Motorcycle Accident
When possible here are guidelines for what to do at the scene:
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Do not leave the scene of the crash until authorized by police to do so.
- Do not discuss who is at fault with other parties. Only discuss the accident with police.
- Get as much information as you can about the other driver and witnesses.Get the names of the driver(s) and witnesses, license plate numbers and insurance information.
- Seek medical attention immediately, check with a medical professional to make sure you are all right, even if you do not notice any immediate injuries.
- Provide the police with your driver’s license and insurance information.
- Take pictures. If you are able, take pictures of the accident scene, your car, the other vehicles and any visible injuries that you suffered.
Should You Deal With The Insurance Company On Your Own?
The answer is simple: No. It is always worth your time to speak to an attorney about your case before you work with the insurance company. The attorneys at McGraw & Strickland, LLC, are experienced Las Cruces motorcycle accident lawyers who offer a free consultation. Call us at 575-523-4321 or contact us online.